Note Sort order not saving

I am using the free version, but when I sort my notes, and click on the boxes, it does save...is this becuase I am using the free version, and need to upgrade, or this a bug? I tried going to into options too but no luck. everything time the 'reverse sort order' is checked, and its really annoying. 

I have attached pics to help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, CCNET101 said:

when I sort my notes, and click on the boxes, it does save

Hi.  I assume you mean "does not save".  That's not something which is due to your using the free version.  I assume you're closing the window by clicking on the top right 'x'.  Try File > Exit to close Evernote down completely.  The sort order should then be saved to your system,  and will be the default - until the next time you change it.

You could try using an asterisk (*) as a saved search (it will find all notes) then save the sort order you want, so you can reuse it.. 

I use this to fix my frequently changing sort order, which appears to be affected by how much time I spend using a different sort from another saved search or tag.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Try File > Exit to close Evernote down completely.  The sort order should then be saved to your system,  and will be the default - until the next time you change it.

I tried it.  When I restarted it, it changed the sort order to tags, from my usual reverse updated.  Even though it doesn't work for me, what I posted above does, so I guess it is good enough for now.

UPDATE:  I think I may have found the problem.  File/exit seems to save the sort order from the saved sort for the saved search or tag in current use, not the sort order used for "all notes", if that makes any sense (selecting "all notes" first before exiting doesn't save the sort order in current use).

I exited while using the above saved search and it apparently fixed the problem.  For now I guess.

There really ought to be a saved sort for "all notes", oh well.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

OK - quick change of location and - 

I searched for "tag:genealogy" and these are my options...

20190912_010732.jpg.73b49d035c71791ea20a95ebc002dc48.jpg

Note the 'always use' option under sort order (the downarrow icon top left).  This option is also under the view menu - the icon next to the arrow.