Text deleted

achaigne

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

Hi @achaigne. We store history for all users, so if you upgrade, the history of an existing note will become available to you. You would need to upgrade to a Premium plan, though, and not Evernote Business. Evernote Business is a separate product with a distinctly "business-only" user. Upgrading to the Evernote Business would result in the creation of a new user that is separate from your current personal user.

• Thanks 1
On 8/19/2019 at 5:34 PM, Scott T. said:

Hi @achaigne. We store history for all users, so if you upgrade, the history of an existing note will become available to you. You would need to upgrade to a Premium plan, though, and not Evernote Business. Evernote Business is a separate product with a distinctly "business-only" user. Upgrading to the Evernote Business would result in the creation of a new user that is separate from your current personal user.

Does this mean that lost content can be recovered or just that you can see the audit history trail? I have lost content and would like to know if or how i can recover it

• Ex Employees

@RichB Yes, the content can be recovered. We snapshot the note at regular intervals, depending on time since last snapshot in combination with percent of the note that has been changed. 

Here's a screenshot from the Mac version. Each of the snapshots is clickable and brings up a view of the specific version. Clicking the "Import" link will create a new note from that version. It won't overwrite the existing note.

362482363_ScreenShot2019-08-28at12_40_42PM.png.7627c12f8d2426f13fb0a45c57acbb35.png

• Level 5*
On 8/27/2019 at 11:46 AM, Rich B said:

Does this mean that lost content can be recovered or just that you can see the audit history trail? I have lost content and would like to know if or how i can recover it

You can recover a previous version of a note as long as you have not deleted it. However, if you modify a note a lot in a short time frame (edit the note, go to other notes, come back) you may not work your way back to the version you want.  If you modified the note hours ago and you want that version you should be okay.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, Scott T. said:

I have a question regarding this. I have recently gotten a new computer, and have as such detached my old one from synchronising my evernotes. But now I have the problem that all of my notes from previous to the switch are gone. The notebooks are there, but none of the notes. I have the old notes on my phone also, as the only other place, but would like to know: is there no way of retreiving or re-synchronising these to my computer as a basis member?

• Ex Employees

Hi @Mariad. If you have the notes in multiple devices, that indicates that the notes have been sync'ed, so at least we know there wasn't an issue on the old computer. On your new computer, have you seen any changes? If you had a lot of notes, it might take time to download them to the local storage on the new computer. Can you provide more details on what you are running on the new computer? Mac/Windows? That can help with where to pull logs from to see if there's a problem pulling down the content from our servers.