Merging notes on a Mac

Forgive me, I am new to Evernote and have the basic plan.  I'm trying to merge notes on my desktop (Mac).  All the tutorials and support documents online say that merging notes is easy - just press "command + Click" on the notes you want to merge - then click "merge" from the menu that appears.    Except I am not getting this.  I've tried in Chrome and Firefox, the command + click feature doesn't produce the merge menu described in the tutorials.  Any idea where I am going wrong?

• Level 5
On 8/15/2019 at 12:45 AM, TayaM said:

Forgive me, I am new to Evernote and have the basic plan.  I'm trying to merge notes on my desktop (Mac).  All the tutorials and support documents online say that merging notes is easy - just press "command + Click" on the notes you want to merge - then click "merge" from the menu that appears.    Except I am not getting this.  I've tried in Chrome and Firefox, the command + click feature doesn't produce the merge menu described in the tutorials.  Any idea where I am going wrong?

Hi, and welcome to the forums. The problem arises from using Evernote through a Web browser; the note merge feature is not available in the browser version. If you go to evernote.com, there should be a link (you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page) to download the desktop app for Mac, in which you can do the Cmd+Click select and merge job.

• Thanks 1