Search for the list of notes with only Parent tags

Say, In order to search for a note I selected the tags ($-books and <-engineering)  from the filter by tag box. The ""<-engineering" tag also has many children tags (which i don't want to search in). The list of notes come up have children tags associated with them. Is there a way I can only search the notes tagged in only "$-books" and "<-engineering" tags (not the children tags of <-engineering tag) using the "filter-by-tag" search box. 

PS: I know one way could be to go to settings and select the option not to choose the child tags OR select only the tag "<-engineering" from the Left panel. I want to do this from "filter by tag" which is convenient for me unlike other options. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Atul Mishra said:

PS: I know one way could be to go to settings and select the option not to choose the child tags

I gather you're using Windows, with the child search option on

You also have access to the web platform at www.evernote.com, with no child search option

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

The list of notes come up have children tags associated with them. Is there a way I can only search the notes tagged in only "$-books" and "<-engineering" tags (not the children tags of <-engineering tag) using the "filter-by-tag" search box. 

Go to Tools - Options - Navigation and un-check Automatically select child tags.