(Archived) Favourites support (like on iPhone)???

callagga

Idea

Hi,

Is there no Favourites support in the client, like the iPhone does? i.e. on the iPhone it's really easy to mark a note as a favourite (1 click), and then in if you want to see favourites it's one click (at the bottom) to see them.

No obviously support for this 1 click type favourites support now? (can't see one) or in the future?

thanks

4 replies to this idea

If you want to mark a few notes as "favorites" on the desktop client, you could create a tag called "Favorite", or something along those lines.

Alternatively, keeping EVERYTHING well-tagged and organized should allow you to find anything quickly.

++support

I quote:

The "favorites" stars were a temporary way

this feature is still there and useable on iphone, and this favorite solution is a great way to simply/fast *and* intuitive flag notes for a faster display.

If you want to mark a few notes as "favorites" on the desktop client, you could create a tag called "Favorite", or something along those lines.

not very convenient.

Of course you could do this, but then you need to administer two "tags".

the "favorite"-tag for the iphone (which are veeery fast to reach via the button which does exist only for this "special"-tag!), and

the created tag (which would exist additional)

please try to list notes by a created tag (as you recommended) and compare the count of clicks to the count of clicks on "favorites". (also scrolling is clicking...)

result/conclusion: not usable. :-)

i really like to see the favorites too on the desktop version of EN.

could be simply done by adding a "iphone favorites" tag to the Tags list. Click on it, and you see all your favorites.

Maybe any other ideas for supporting this?

I created a favourites tag & then a saved search for this, as I just wanted the left hand navigation section to be unexpanded, but I can see my saved search "Favourites" there.

re usability however I note that when I click on the saved search it expands out the tags section, the end result being next time when you come along to want to click on your saved search you have to first go to the trouble of collapsing the tags so you can then see the Saved Searches section below this. Any work arounds for this?

Archived