Why not start a new note with the Title line?

avhome77

Idea

This is a very small thing, but why, when I create a new note, does the curser default in the note field?  Why not just have it start on the Title so I can immediately give my new note a Title?  These are the simple little things that Evernote does that I just don't get.

Like, why is the "new notebook" link hidden all the way on the right corner.

What is the resistance to having "new notebook" clearly listed next to "new note".  Why on earth do you make this hard to find?????????

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, avhome77 said:

This is a very small thing, but why, when I create a new note, does the curser default in the note field?  Why not just have it start on the Title so I can immediately give my new note a Title?  These are the simple little things that Evernote does that I just don't get.

Like, why is the "new notebook" link hidden all the way on the right corner.

Which device/platform are you  using.IMG_2733.thumb.jpg.1d8ca0b7ef10658eddf21d839aac3b4e.jpg

Mac's start in the note title.
For iPad/IOS, there is a "Start in Title" setting  in user options

>>What is the resistance to having "new notebook" clearly listed next to "new note".  Why on earth do you make this hard to find?????????

Adding a new notebook doesn't seem to be an on-the-fly process.
That seems to be more of a tag thing.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, avhome77 said:

Helps to mention which Evernote client/OS you are using. In the Evernote for Windows application: Tools / Options / Note : "Set new note focus to title" is a chackbock that you can enable/disable.

image.png.53ea8b5b1235ddc0d5b77ff846327eae.png

Archived