Notes getting regenerated

I've been noticing every couple of weeks, month(?); a note that was created days/weeks ago shows up in inbox as if just created for first time.  Currently at 6.16.4.8094, but pretty sure this has been going on at least one version back.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Gear64 said:

Upon further examination, this a duplicate.  Also is a note generated by dumping file into import folder.

This is a file that lives in an Evernote import folder? So you have it configured not to delete after import? Is there anything that's causing the file to appear to be updated (in which case, Evernote would re-import it and is the expected behavior)? If not, is it related to shutting down and restarting Evernote (in which case, it might be a bug related to detecting existing unchanged files in import folders)?

• Level 5*

Don't remember the specifics, but in the last month I have had two events where notes "appeared" in my Inbox.  No forensics to report so I left it to sweet mysteries of life.  In reflection it may have been some shares/clips via IOS.  Sometimes those appear more than once.  Just not sure as I just moved on after addressing the two events.  🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I recall one of the times I thought I was hacked for a moment. I had totally forgotten creating the original note, then it came back to me as I was reading it that it was created weeks ago.

Caught an instance of this happening today.  While importing other stuff the files where captured, then deleted, but in the process I noticed an old one that's been 'stuck'.  It continued to be stuck until I rebooted my laptop for other reasons.  Upon restarting the file was 'reprocessed' getting deleted this time, but now I have two. Today's and one from several days ago I originally put the file in the import folder.  It seemed to have imported correctly since I've made use it, from Evernote in between.  It's just that somehow the delete trigger got missed.

On another note something else mildly annoying, are phantom note modifications.  In the specific case today, it was a web clipping. Does anyone know if Evernote see's web page updates and syncs?  Also, there seems to be times when just touching a note triggers an update. Maybe some key got inadvertently touched, inserting space or line feed or something; but it would be nice if update timestamps were a little more reliable.  I like on the mobile apps that there's checkmark to complete an edit , at least on 'droid.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Gear64 said:

It's just that somehow the delete trigger got missed.

This has been happening randomly to me.  Occasionally items I download from web sites through the Import folder appear a second time, maybe a day later.  I notice them because they are without tags.  Does not happen with scanned to the Import folder items.  

Archived