Can't Select Large Blocks of Text Up/Down Page

Anyone ever see this?

EN v 6.16.4.8094 client. This is not a new issue.

The right side slider works fine to pull up/down page. I can even select a small line of text and drag/drop up/down note. But, unable to select large blocks of text pulling up/down the page, jerky, stops, eventually non-responsive (see image). My EN client has done this for as long as I have been using it, maybe 6 years, subscription. Support says they can't reproduce the problem.

To experiment, I set up three new EN Basic Accounts on two other machines that had never had the EN client installed. All three new Accounts do the same thing. (How is that possible?) No resource problems on none of them, all powerful Dell workstation (Win7pro, Sp1,48GB Ram, 10,000 rpm HDD), Dell 640 (Win7pro, Sp1, 16GB RAM), Dell Win10 gaming laptop with SSD.

I have tried all sorts of things, uninstalling, re-installing & fresh DL of dB, all sorts of setting configurations, setting all sync to manual so it wouldn't interfere, changing machines, using different mouse, keyboard, different fonts, striped all the options settings down to nothing, attempted repairs on notes, dB, etc. I was thinking maybe there are both EN 32/64 bit versions and I might try a different version, but can't see that anywhere

It's clumsy, but I seem to be able to pull up/down page selecting large blocks of text when using the scroll wheel middle mouse. That's at least some kind of awkward work around. 

Any ideas?

Signed, Baffled
Thank

ScreenCapture 11252018006.jpg

• Level 5*

I can confirm this. I pasted a ~8000 line source file into an empty Evernote notes. and selecting text using the left mouse or using Ctrl+ arrow keys is pretty laggy. For what it's worth, one of the editing subprocesses goes almost immediately to 12.8 or so percent.

2 hours ago, RgaDawg said:

was thinking maybe there are both EN 32/64 bit versions and I might try a different version, but can't see that anywhere

There is only a 32-bit version currently. Not sure that that would make any difference.

2 hours ago, RgaDawg said:

It's clumsy, but I seem to be able to pull up/down page selecting large blocks of text when using the scroll wheel middle mouse. That's at least some kind of awkward work around. 

Don't know how this works; it sure doesn't for me.

I have experienced this as well, and have the same version as you.  When positioning the cursor on the start position, then holding down the Left-Mouse-Button, and scrolling highlighting/selecting the text, beyond just the visible page, that I want to copy or move, EN gets very jerky as you say, and continues to get worse the larger the quantity of text I try to highlight...but eventually mine gets there, though I never bother using this method!

The simplest/easiest and most effective method I use when wanting to select large blocks of text, or any type of content for that matter...is to:

1. Simply Click the Starting Place/Position of the content to be copied - so the cursor will be blinking in that location
  2. Use the Page/Note's Vertical Scroll Bar -or- your Mouse Wheel to navigate to the End Position of the content you want selected/copied/moved
  3. Once you've identified he End Position >  Hold down your SHIFT Key 1st (then while holding it down) Click your Left Mouse Button...all should now be highlighted in an instant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, RavBoy said:

The simplest/easiest and most effective method I use when wanting to select large blocks of text, or any type of content for that matter...is to:

1. Simply Click the Starting Place/Position of the content to be copied - so the cursor will be blinking in that location
  2. Use the Page/Note's Vertical Scroll Bar -or- your Mouse Wheel to navigate to the End Position of the content you want selected/copied/moved
  3. Once you've identified he End Position >  Hold down your SHIFT Key 1st (then while holding it down) Click your Left Mouse Button...all should now be highlighted in an instant

OMG! You are my new hero. Works perfectly. Why didn't I think of this? Just like a multiple select file names in windows. I've been dealing with the selecting text holding the left mouse button and dragging up/down page for years. Yippie. Much thanks for this

• 3 years later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:08 AM, RavBoy said:

I have experienced this as well, and have the same version as you.  When positioning the cursor on the start position, then holding down the Left-Mouse-Button, and scrolling highlighting/selecting the text, beyond just the visible page, that I want to copy or move, EN gets very jerky as you say, and continues to get worse the larger the quantity of text I try to highlight...but eventually mine gets there, though I never bother using this method!

Thank so much. Extremely helpful! :-)

• Like 1