Search Evernote Keyboard shortcuts

Note: I am referring to the functionality that allows one to search the names of notes / notebooks, NOT the search bar that allows searching of the CONTENTS of notes.

On MacOS, pressing Cmd+J brings up a (very convenient) search window that allows you to search note / notebook titles. Where is this functionality in Win10? I cannot find it.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Never enough said:

Hmmm, looks like Alt+F1 only searches notebook titles, not note titles. Is there a keyboard shortcut to search note titles?

Windows doesn't have this functionality unfortunately. The closest is Ctrl+Q, but it doesn't display note titles..

I tag all those important notes with a tag with the same name as the title, since an "intitle:" search in the search bar won't highlight where in the title there is a search match, which is unfortunate as well..

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Never enough said:

Hmmm, looks like Alt+F1 only searches notebook titles, not note titles.

You're right -- my apologies for missing that. @gustavgi is correct; nothing like that exists for the Windows client.

Ouch, tagging notes with the same string as the title sounds like a really painful workaround.

If there are any devs reading this, sure would be nice to have some consistency in functionality between platforms (and also consistency in keyboard shortcuts -- remembering Cmd+J vs Ctrl+Q is a real hassle). Evernote on MacOS is a joy to use, on Win10 it feels very clunky.

Archived