Feedback - Set URL

I did an Evernote search Google search to get more information on what it means to set url. I found one entry in a general technical forum not related to EN, but it didn't help me out.

Adding info on this in EN help would be great.

So, what is Set URL?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ChipAHoy said:

So, what is Set URL?

What context does this refer to? Is this a menu item, a toolbar button? If you're referring to a note, each note can have an associated URL. The web clipper will populate this for you automatically, but you can edit this field on your own, usually using the Note Info facility, which will vary depending on what your OS/platform is.

• Level 5*

If I choose to share the URL of a note with someone who doesn't have Evernote, they can't access the details of that note, can they? Even if it's a public URL?

The note can be accessed by anyone with a web browser.  An Evernote account is not required.

• Level 5*

Thanks for that helpful response. If I choose to share the URL of a note with someone who doesn't have Evernote, they can't access the details of that note, can they? Even if it's a public URL?

You're welcome. Not sure what you mean by the "details of the note" specifically refers to, but you can see what another user sees by creating a public link to a note, and viewing it in your web browser.

More info here on shaving via public links: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005417-Share-notes

Archived