exclude a document from a particular search

cpAZ

Idea

Hi.  I have a lot of notes for example about sleep.   Every time I do a search for sleep and XXX, I get completely unrelated articles from evernote about sleep because the word sleep occurs somewhere in a document, even though the document is really not about sleep.   It would be nice to be able to exclude it from the search (specifically on sleep as a term) so it does not continually pop up as a matched document.   

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, cpAZ said:

Hi.  I have a lot of notes for example about sleep.   Every time I do a search for sleep and XXX, I get completely unrelated articles from evernote about sleep because the word sleep occurs somewhere in a document, even though the document is really not about sleep.   It would be nice to be able to exclude it from the search (specifically on sleep as a term) so it does not continually pop up as a matched document.   

You need to minus or plus something to the search, be it words or tags.  You can create a saved search as well with those terms. 

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, cpAZ said:

Clarification:  I want the word sleep to be in the search just not an article that mentions sleep but has nothing to do with sleep.   Sorry that it wasn't clear in my description

So how do you know the article has nothing to do with sleep?  That’s the exclusion that needs to be added to the search.  

Archived