notes not syncing

my notes are not syncing mainly because one note is getting stuck, please help. the error has been pointed in the picture. it says:

error: element type d must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>"

evenote.png

• Level 5*

If it were me, I would:

• Export the note as a ENEX file
  • Delete the note in Evernote
  • Go to the Trash can and purge that note
  • sync

Assuming Evernote now sync's fine, import the ENEX file and sync. If it sync's, great. If it gets stuck again then:

• Create a new note
  • Copy and paste contents of old note to new note
  • delete old note
  • purge old note from trash again
  • sync

That should do it.

I am not able to see any content of my note. even after exporting & then importing it,  I am still getting an error. Is there any way I can retrieve the content of my note? the version on cloud is an older one!

rbi.png

rbi2.png

• Level 5*

Best you could probably hope for is to open the ENEX file with an app that can strip out tags. That will at least get you the text of the note.

Or contact support and see if they can identify the specific error and correct the ENEX file for you.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, nick92 said:

Is there any way I can retrieve the content of my note? the version on cloud is an older one!

As a premium use you have access to the Note History backup data  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-view-previous-versions-of-a-note

On 9/7/2018 at 1:42 AM, EdH said:

Best you could probably hope for is to open the ENEX file with an app that can strip out tags. That will at least get you the text of the note.

Or contact support and see if they can identify the specific error and correct the ENEX file for you.

Could you please suggest an app that can be used, along with some directions? That would be really helpful.

• Level 5*

I don’t know if any. I don’t do web dev which is where tag stripping would be handy. I know Textpad has a tag stripping macro but I wouldn’t recommend it because of the hassle to install, configure, and use. It I was meh at best as that wasn’t its primary purpose. 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, nick92 said:

Could you please suggest an app that can be used, along with some directions? That would be really helpful.

Any text editor app; @EdH mentioned Textpad

This is html code; viewable in any web browser
You may have to delete some of the Evernote specific stuff.

You can also try exporting  the note in html format.

Archived