Clicking "Add tag" deletes note

6.13.14.7474 (307474) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483)

Today, August 7, 2018, when I want to add a tag to a note, it pops up the delete window.  Even when you "cancel" the operation, it deletes the note anyway.

Platform is Windows 10.

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's usually a solid guess with Windows to restart your computer and try again.  If that fails,  what exactly are you doing to 'add a tag' - where/ what are you clicking to start?

Edit: 'Deleted' notes are still in the Trash notebook by the way - easily reinstated.

• 1 month later...

Is this a common problem?  I just had the same problem.  When I click on the "Add tag..." in my Windows installation of Evernote it asks for confirmation of the deletion and when I say "no" or close the window, it moves it to trash anyway.  This is an annoying bug.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, scottdfuller said:

Is this a common problem? 

Absolutely not - I'm using tags at the moment (getting rid of some surplus notebooks) and I've used both the Add tag... in the note header,  and the similar process when multi-selecting notes.  I literally just processed about a hundred with no problems at all.  What's your Evernote and Windows versions? Are you using the note header 'add' or the multi-select menu?

Archived