Extensive reorganization needed

WmRussell

Idea

I have several years of EN and the random startup and additions has caused significant inefficiencies.  .  I'd like to highlight/identify several notes in 1 notebook and transfer them to a new notebook.  Is the an easy way to transfer many notes that are not adjacent in the notebook

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, WmRussell said:

I'd like to highlight/identify several notes in 1 notebook and transfer them to a new notebook.  Is the an easy way to transfer many notes that are not adjacent in the notebook

The Mac/Windows platforms allow multiple note selections and group notebook/tag assignments.

Adjacent selection is easy.  On my Mac, select the first note; command-shift and select the last note.
Non-adjacent selection requires command-select for each note.

I can also select Select All.
Are you able to use search criteria to identify the notes?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, WmRussell said:

Is the an easy way to transfer many notes that are not adjacent in the notebook

It's helpful if you mention which Evernote client you are using (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web).

There's really no such thing as "adjacent" in a notebook. Adjacency depends on the current sorting order you're applying to a notebook, which can be, depending on the Evernote client type , criteria like Date Created, Recently Updated, Note Title, Note Size, etc. For the desktop clients, multi-selection is pretty straightforward. For Android, you multi-select by long-pressing on a note in the note list, and then tapping on more notes. I don't know about Mac or iOS. Once you have a multiple selection, you can easily move the notes to a new notebook.

Thanks Jeff, I"m using Mac os10.13  and by adjacent I mean there is now way I can find too get the many notes in the notebook to be seen as next to each other no matter the view, date, size, title etc

Archived