Bulk links to local files

Don Dz

Idea

This is not a feature request as such, but a user request, if you know the answer to my question.  Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Hello, I know how to create a link to a local file in Evernote, but I find this less than useful unless I know how to link whole folders full of files, anyone know how to do this easily?

Basically I currently drag a file  to the address bar of a web browser, then copy the special link that appears.

Using the DOS prompt to echo the dir list to try to save some steps is a bit rather tedious because the result is not quite compatible with file links (mostly the issue of  "/" as opposed to "\", plus the "file:///" thingy). 

I suppose I could try to create a script, but would rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Hello, I know how to create a link to a local file in Evernote, but I find this less than useful unless I know how to link whole folders full of files, anyone know how to do this easily?

1. With File Explorer go to the folder you want to link.
  2. Right click in the address bar and click on Copy Address.
  3. Paste the address into the note
  4. You will now have a link which will open that folder when pressed

Image.png.555fd47ac8d2c30c9a275ab92e702200.png

54 minutes ago, CalS said:
  1. You will now have a link which will open that folder when pressed

Thanks but I meant "whole folders . . . of files", meaning whole folders of links to individual files, hence the "bulk" concept, I knew I could link to the folders themselves. 

Doing it one file at a time is too time consuming.

I am currently playing with a program called DirHTML to see if I can get it to do what I want, it is close, but not quite (can't copy the list of links to Evernote and get them to work, though they work in HTML at least).

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Thanks but I meant "whole folders . . . of files", meaning whole folders of links to individual files, hence the "bulk" concept, I knew I could link to the folders themselves. 

Doing it one file at a time is too time consuming.

I am currently playing with a program called DirHTML to see if I can get it to do what I want, it is close, but not quite (can't copy the list of links to Evernote and get them to work, though they work in HTML at least).

Got it.  I use the folder link myself.  One extra click I suppose but on the other hand I don't have to update the note should I add any files to the folder. 

Archived