Can't create table of contents

I have a two part problem.

1.  How can I select ALL notes in a notebook in order to create a Table of Contents? Right now it seems I must command click each note (and I have over 200 so that is annoying - I'd like to drag/select or select all).

2.  When I do select some notes, the Create a Table of Contents option isn't showing up.  It only gives me the option to "Copy Note Links to Clipboard".  See screenshot.

I am using the evernote app, have a basic account (free) , on a Mac,  Safari 11.1  I've also tried on Chrome.  

I've made a TOC before so I know it's possible. Or at least it used to be.

Thanks,

Barb

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 8.22.59 AM.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, kelownagurl said:

How can I select ALL notes in a notebook in order to create a Table of Contents? Right now it seems I must command click each note (and I have over 200 so that is annoying - I'd like to drag/select or select all).

Use the notebook dropdown to select the notebook396158625_ScreenShot2018-06-08at12_19_15.png.788b44034efd5dcce4cf0b11cec04c8a.png

Use Edit > Select all to select all the notes in the notebook

Alternative: Click the first note.  Shift-Click the last note

479015594_ScreenShot2018-06-08at12_19_43.png.974c957367b201ddedadec634f21d42a.png

>>2.  When I do select some notes, the Create a Table of Contents option isn't showing up.  It only gives me the option to "Copy Note Links to Clipboard".  See screenshot.

What version of Evernote are you using?

You can still create a new note and paste the links from the clipboard.

The app on my computer is 7.1.1.  I don't seem to have a menu with edit on mine.

Update:  OK I was playing around with the app on my laptop and I changed the view to CARD VIEW instead of Expanded Card view (which I normally have). and suddenly I'm able to select all AND the option to create a table of contents.

That needs to written into the online instructions.

Step One - make sure you're in CARD VIEW

Thanks for your help.  By getting me to search for the edit button, I inadvertently solved the problem. :)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kelownagurl said:

Update:  OK I was playing around with the app on my laptop and I changed the view to CARD VIEW instead of Expanded Card view (which I normally have). and suddenly I'm able to select all AND the option to create a table of contents.

Mystery solved.  I'm using list view, and wasn't aware there would be a connection.

Archived