Evernote on iOS 12

eHeidi

Idea

Just a note for anyone using iOS developer betas on their daily drivers— I know, I know— Evernote for iOS isn’t working well on the first beta for iOS 12. Notes are very slow to open and typing a note is nearly impossible because of long pauses before typed text is displayed. On iPads, the left navigation bar makes the clock unreadable.

I’m sure their team is working on it and it will be working just fine soon, but I’ll probably revert back to iOS 11 in the meantime because I rely so much on Evernote. 

26 replies to this idea

Totally agree.

Am wondering if its to do with the bloated new features including templates as it now seems to wait an age for these to load up before I can type. There should be a way to disable this by default. Utterly horrible experience at the moment and I can't believe nobody at Evernote seems to have addressed this yet.

Guest Robyn Jane

I used to be able send from Medium directly into Evernote. This function--which I consider essential--no longer exists. Instead of the entire article, only the URL gets saved.

I agree that it would be good to speed things up a bit.  The biggest lag for me is when clicking on an existing note.  Takes around 5 seconds on my new iPhone XS to load.  Big lag between tap and load.  Even for downloaded notes.

Guest Evernote painfuly slow

Evernote has become so slow on iOS 12 that I don’t want to use it anymore. I have been waiting for an update to fix it or something. Vomit nothing.  Is this a known issue that the team is working on?

12 hours ago, ianfogg42 said:

I went straight from iOS11 to iOS12 beta 2, and have major slowness issues with Evernote on iOS. So, it's not fixed for sure in beta 2...

The Evernote beta, NOT the iOS beta. The Evernote beta is what fixed the lagginess. You can sign up to become part of the Evernote iOS beta team at the link below.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013582247-How-to-join-the-Evernote-for-iOS-beta-program

On 6/19/2018 at 8:51 PM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Just updated to the new version of the beta and it seems to have fixed the lagging issue with Evernote on my iPhone X. Still have to check my iPad Pro, but so far so good.

I went straight from iOS11 to iOS12 beta 2, and have major slowness issues with Evernote on iOS. So, it's not fixed for sure in beta 2...

12 minutes ago, Cilusse said:

For you guys experiencing issues with the macOS app on Mojave, you can probably use the web version instead. It’s quite complete and should run better than the app.

Web version is running great. Unfortunately it still isn’t as full featured as some of us need for our workflows. ?

I did the same... hamstrung myself by updating my MacBook Pro at the same time as iPhone, both to the latest Betas. 

IOS 12 beta is great for every app I use except Evernote. 

Mac OS Mojave is definitely buggier, but again Evernote is the only app that is dead. 

Glad I have a spare laptop that can still run Evernote, but I am going to have to try OneNote.

Yeah I noticed this too. Its a shame but inn sure it will be fixed soon. Luckily I write most note apps on my iPad and my MacBook so those I won’t be updating probably until official launch 

3 hours ago, stephen_bradley said:

I can confirm it is unusable. That's the price we pay for running beta OS's though. Using the web version for referencing stuff, and keeping all my current project notes in DevonThink. Always have a plan B

:)

I'll add this: Of all the apps I run, Evernote is the only one that broke for me, and it broke on both iOS (unusable) and macOS (crashes every launch). It makes me wonder what they're doing that makes just their software so unstable. Even other apps that do substantially the same thing, e.g. DevonThink, Bear, Notebooks and much more complex ones (Capture One, Photoshop) continue to run. 

I'm in the same boat. iOS is super slow and the Mac app opens long enough to crash. I totally get that it's the price we pay for beta builds of a major OS though. I just like the features of 12 and Mojave too much to switch back lol. Thank goodness for my iMac which is running a stable version.

I can confirm it is unusable. That's the price we pay for running beta OS's though. Using the web version for referencing stuff, and keeping all my current project notes in DevonThink. Always have a plan B

:)

I'll add this: Of all the apps I run, Evernote is the only one that broke for me, and it broke on both iOS (unusable) and macOS (crashes every launch). It makes me wonder what they're doing that makes just their software so unstable. Even other apps that do substantially the same thing, e.g. DevonThink, Bear, Notebooks and much more complex ones (Capture One, Photoshop) continue to run. 

Hi everyone!

Because there is not special "iOS 12 Beta" forum for technical issues, I suggest that we post all of the issues on this thread, to keep it separated from the rest of the requests concerning stable software.

Thank you!

——————————————————

My first feedback :

Evernote on iOS 12 is completely unusable because of the slowness of the app. Creating a note, opening the keyboard, typing or inserting media takes a very long time.

Evernote 8.13.364022 — iPhone 6 — iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

Hopefully the beta build will be updated soon to help fix this. Right now, Evernote is completely unusable on iOS 12 on iPhone. 

I rely on Evernote a lot. So I will not update my iPad until this is working. 

Archived