lost note contents

BVCO

Idea

my evernote is set to backup to icloud but there aren't any files on the icloud drive and no file size listed for evernote on icloud backup.  Yesterday, I accidentally deleted the contents of a note.  The only possible solution I see is to use the note history.  I just have the basic account.  If I upgrade my account today will the note history be available for the note prior to it changing from basic for example 2 days ago or 1 week ago? TIA

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, BVCO said:

my evernote is set to backup to icloud but there aren't any files on the icloud drive and no file size listed for evernote on icloud backup.  Yesterday, I accidentally deleted the contents of a note.  The only possible solution I see is to use the note history.  I just have the basic account.  If I upgrade my account today will the note history be available for the note prior to it changing from basic for example 2 days ago or 1 week ago? TIA

Yes. 

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, BVCO said:

I just upgraded and the note history only shows current files, no history from prior to upgrading is listed?  Any suggestions?? TIA

Your issue was a note a note where you accidently deleted content.
For this specific note, when  you look at the Note History you should see a complete set of versions.
There's documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-access-and-use-note-history

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, BVCO said:

I just upgraded and the note history only shows current files, no history from prior to upgrading is listed?  Any suggestions?? TIA

It's not supposed to work that way.  As long as you created the note some time before you accidentally deleted content (anywhere from right then to eight hours or so earlier) you should have some history.  Since you are now a paid user I would contact EN through the chat option. 

Below is an example of what it should look like.  I just modified the note and it took a copy before, the 12:01:43 version, and created a new Current.  Doesn't happen that way all the time, but sometimes the history is created right away.  FYI.

Image.png.06265cf106074b3de038107524a68a9b.png

I just lost all content on a note I was trying to upgrade.  Day before yesterday it happened to another note.

Mine is basic community use.  There seems to be no way to recover the content.  The one I lost just now is fairly important to me.  How can I recover the content?

Also why is this flaky like this though Evernote has been around for a while.

Thanks

Archived