Web-clipped items no longer displaying in Evernote for Windows

Several items captured with the webclippers in the Edge/Chrome/Firefox Windows browsers whilst displaying okay in EN for Android and in the cloud, are failing to display, or no longer display in Evernote for Windows.

On the Windows version, in thumbnail display mode (Ctrl-F6), a the small, un-formatted image does appear, but the main pane is empty apart from the  message "Drag files here or start typing".

The problem seems to lie within EN Windows, not with the webclippers. It occurs when using webclippers to capture material containing tables, or tables within tables. This is irrespective of choosing to clip Article, Simplified Article, Full Page or Selection. Copying simple un-formatted text or a few adjacent cells in a table usually works okay, but anything more complex won't display in EN Windows.

The clippings seem to be reaching EN Windows okay; I searched for known text within one of these hidden notes, and it correctly located the note, and displayed the thumbnail copy, it just didn't display it in the main pane.

A workaround is to manually copy the selection to Windows clipboard, open a new, blank note in EN, and paste it. But this does not solve my problem of the numerous items I've already clipped down the years, now no longer visible in EN Windows. 

This is an example  with EN Table view (Ctrl-F5) - the clipped item appears in the table, but when selected does not appear in the main pane to the right.

image.png.98ac9dde1b5efcd915f5145e017bc34c.png

Is anyone else having this problem?
John

Evernote Premium 6.9.7.6770 (306770)
Windows 10 64-bit Ver 1709 Build 116299.248

Same here.

Not only web clippings, but also scanned images. Occurs several times per week.

Closing the app doesn't help (the problem remains after re-starting it), but this works for me:

1. Close app
  2. Go to Windows task manager
  3. Kill process 'Evernote.exe' (no need to kill any of the other Evernote processes)
  4. Re-start te app

Kind of a tedious workaround, let's hope this annoying bug will be fixed soon.

Vincent

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Vincent JJ said:

Same here.

Not only web clippings, but also scanned images. Occurs several times per week.

Closing the app doesn't help (the problem remains after re-starting it), but this works for me:

1. Close app
  2. Go to Windows task manager
  3. Kill process 'Evernote.exe' (no need to kill any of the other Evernote processes)
  4. Re-start te app

Kind of a tedious workaround, let's hope this annoying bug will be fixed soon.

Vincent

When you say "Close app," do you mean click the red X-box in the top right of the window? That only closes the interface. Doing File > Exit will truly close the program, giving the same effect as killing evernote.exe without having to go into Task Manager.

This issue may be related to another current thread:

Thanks for your suggestions and input folks.
I've discovered that the problem of some web-clipped notes failing to display on EN Windows is, not surprisingly, version-related.  The fault is present in version 6.9.7.6770 (306770). On a different PC, running  Evernote version;  6.7.5.5825 , the missing clippings display okay.

John

Same here, affected notes appear to be empty when opening in Evernote Windows v6.9.7.6770 (306770) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)

So when opening such a note it actually reads "Drag files here or start typing".

Thing is, Evernote SEARCH still does find such notes if they contain the text searched for.

Also it is possible to print and export those notes, when they unveil their content.

Version 6.10.x arrived a few hours ago. I installed it, but the missing web-clippings bug as described by various people remains.  For the time being, I've uninstalled 6.10.x and rolled back to version 6.7.5.5825 which was fortunately still in the Windows downloads folder.

Same here, 6.10.3 and many of my notes say "Drag files here or start typing". It's not web clippings. For me it's any type of notes randomly.

I am referring to "old" notes. They still have  a preview. What can we do? (Paying customer)

2018-03-25 14_41_52-2018-03-25 14_35_34-Travels (Archive) - matthias@zoss.net - Evernote - Paint.png

Archived