Jump to content
lpspinner33

What is Databases/rknopf.exb and why does it keep changing even when Evernote is not running?

Recommended Posts

I have noticed when I back up my computer to my Syonolgy NAS there is a large file (400Mb+) in the Evernote Databases directory called rknopf.exb. Since my handle is rknopf, I am sure the name is based on the account. My problem is the file seems to be changing constantly, leading Synology Cloud Backup to back it up every 15-20 seconds, causing my backups to drag out interminably. Can anyone explain this behavior and is there any way to stop it outside of excluding the Databases directory from the backup?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On Windows, Evernote uses a single massive .exb file to store your notes database
A minor change to the database results in the .exb file being updated

On my Mac, the database is distributed - a separate folder for each note
A minor note update, results in a minor update to one of the files
I have my database backed up by the TimeMachine feature and it requires minimal activity

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, lpspinner33 said:

Can anyone explain this behavior and is there any way to stop it outside of excluding the Databases directory from the backup?

Is there a rule to stop your backup program from needing to sync it immediately? Can you set it to hourly or daily?

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, DTLow said:

On Windows, Evernote uses a single massive .exb file to store your notes database
A minor change to the database results in the .exb file being updated

I made sure Evernote and every related program and Windows Service were not running - no change in behavior. Maybe this isn't an Evernote issue....

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jefito said:

Is there a rule to stop your backup program from needing to sync it immediately? Can you set it to hourly or daily?

Alas, no. Maybe I need a new backup program. This one was easy to set up and provided by the manufacturer of my NAS, but seems possible it is the culprit and not Evernote so I might be looking for a new backup program.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...