Jump to content

Sync iisues


Recommended Posts

Hi Commnity,

as Evernote does not provide any support for basic members (Chat is permanently offline) two simple questions to you folks. Thanks for brief answers in advance!

EN tells me I, used all my monthly data volume (I use "Basic") and does not sync any more. Now, does or does it not help to delete large notes, to get below the limit? I.e. does the limit refer to the volume your notes take or does it refer to the "traffic" volume. In the second case, deleting data would not help.

And from do they count rhe moth. Is it equal to the calendar's month, so that I can expect new capacities on 1st of February?

Cheers

Marc

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, MarcBerlin said:

Now, does or does it not help to delete large notes, to get below the limit? I.e. does the limit refer to the volume your notes take or does it refer to the "traffic" volume. In the second case, deleting data would not help.

Deleting large notes moves them to the trash.  They still exist and still sync
You could try deleting (expunging) them from the Trash

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, MarcBerlin said:

EN tells me I, used all my monthly data volume (I use "Basic") and does not sync any more. Now, does or does it not help to delete large notes, to get below the limit? I.e. does the limit refer to the volume your notes take or does it refer to the "traffic" volume. In the second case, deleting data would not help.

And from do they count rhe moth. Is it equal to the calendar's month, so that I can expect new capacities on 1st of February?

Once you hit the upload limit it doesn't make any difference what you do with your existing notes.  Realize that whenever you modify a note the entire note is uploaded again and goes against the limit.

If you sign in to the web version and go to Account Settings (drop down in upper right of screen) and Account summary you can see how many days left to the reset.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK "Gurus",

thanks for the answers!
And sorry for the awkward typo in the header…:wacko:

In fact completely deleting some larger notes did help, as they apparently  left the syncing queue which made some 2% left volume free. Some minor changes were then synced. So 1,2MB left for the next 2 weeks… I guess, I'll stick to pure text.

So long

Marc

Link to comment
  • Level 5*
56 minutes ago, MarcBerlin said:

OK "Gurus",

thanks for the answers!
And sorry for the awkward typo in the header…:wacko:

In fact completely deleting some larger notes did help, as they apparently  left the syncing queue which made some 2% left volume free. Some minor changes were then synced. So 1,2MB left for the next 2 weeks… I guess, I'll stick to pure text.

So long

Marc

You are welcome.  Didn't realize the larger notes hadn't synced yet, should have asked, oops. 

You can try moving the larger notes to a Local notebook in the future.  Move them back to a synced notebook when the limit resets.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

…  Didn't realize the larger notes hadn't synced yet, should have asked, oops. 

It's me, who should have told! Yeah, Sync stopped when one large Note was about to sync which would have exceeded the volume.

3 minutes ago, CalS said:

You can try moving the larger notes to a Local notebook in the future.  Move them back to a synced notebook when the limit resets.

Good idea! Thanks again.

Cheers

Marc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, MarcBerlin said:

It's me, who should have told! Yeah, Sync stopped when one large Note was about to sync which would have exceeded the volume.

Good idea! Thanks again.

Cheers

Marc

You are welcome.  

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...