I would really like to have a hotkey that would delete a note.

What I would like is to make the letter 'd' a hotkey that deletes a note. It would really speed up workflow, as  I already have my left hand on the keyboard and if I could delete notes by hitting 'd' on the keyboard it would be really useful for me.

What are the possible ways I can do this? It sure would be quicker than right clicking, or reaching for the delete key.....

If Autohotkey is the only way to do this, I would need the script to insert...

Appreciate any help!

10 minutes ago, CalS said:

Any reason your left hand and the Delete button doesn't suffice?

speed of workflow is the issue

I use Evernote to capture everything, but then I need to go back, say, once a week (like good GTD practice) and process all those notes. Many of them are deletable, but I could have 300 in a week that I need to process...so since my left hand is already resting on the keyboard, the letter d would be perfect to use to  quickly delete those brain farts that should be consigned to oblivion. (I already have my gmail hotkeys set up to do this, and it's blazing fast).

Can it be done?

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, bradsayers said:

speed of workflow is the issue

I use Evernote to capture everything, but then I need to go back, say, once a week (like good GTD practice) and process all those notes. Many of them are deletable, but I could have 300 in a week that I need to process...so since my left hand is already resting on the keyboard, the letter d would be perfect to use to  quickly delete those brain farts that should be consigned to oblivion. (I already have my gmail hotkeys set up to do this, and it's blazing fast).

Can it be done?

It can, YMMV.  I use PhraseExpress and could create a hot key, say Alt- 1, that would simulate the Delete key.  

Me though, if I'm clicking on notes with the right hand I would probably just use the left to press the Delete key.  ;)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, CalS said:

It can, YMMV.  I use PhraseExpress and could create a hot key, say Alt- 1, that would simulate the Delete key.  

Me though, if I'm clicking on notes with the right hand I would probably just use the left to press the Delete key.  ;)

I want something fast and the letter 'd' configured to delete a note would be much faster to me and perfect.  I work in a dark corner, no back lit keyboard, the delete key is on upper right of laptop, this is 2018 working with hands crossed like that is too onerous! :o

I'm open to autohotkey but would not know how to write a script...

• Level 5*
On 1/8/2018 at 3:39 PM, bradsayers said:

I want something fast and the letter 'd' configured to delete a note would be much faster to me and perfect.  I work in a dark corner, no back lit keyboard, the delete key is on upper right of laptop, this is 2018 working with hands crossed like that is too onerous! :o

I'm open to autohotkey but would not know how to write a script...

Well,  it isn't that hard to learn PhraseExpress, I suppose the same goes for AutoHotkey.  In any case, you may have to have key combo as the shortcut, I doubt just D will work.  I use Alt - 1 for setting reminders, easy to manipulate with just the left hand.  Good luck.

• 2 years later...

It is a 2 years threads and probably @bradsayers already found a solution but since I came accross the thread from Google wondering the same question. 

Here is the solution I'm using for both finder and Evernote. 

With Keyboard Maestro I added a condition if Finder or Evernote is active then instead of doing Default del action type CMD + BACKSPACE. 

Now, I can delete notes by just typing del on the keyboard.