New note created always in new window

Hello,

I'm using 6.7.5.5825 version on my two computers. On one of them I have this weird behaviour that new notes are created in new window even if I uncheck option Tools->Options->Note->Create new note in a new window. It's worth to mention that if I use new note button it behaves as it should and it respects this setting. It seems that only accessing this functionality by keyboard shortcut is broken :(. I even uninstalled Evernote and reinstalled it again and it is still happening. Any options that I might be missing?

I don't know if it is related, I remapped my new note shortcut to be just: Ctrl + N, but even on default shortcut it's not working correctly.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :).

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  There's a possible Registry link in this post if you're comfortable looking...

I checked this value and it corresponds to my settings from Tools->Options panel. But still I get that weird behaviour. Creating note by keyboard shortcut always opens in new window.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, gazumped said:

??  Feeling left out now - just unticked the 'new window' box - new note = no new window;  reticked it - new note = new window.  I'll see your :wacko: and raise you :blink:

Uninstall / reinstall maybe?

Now that lemon ain't worth the squeeze...  :(

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

??  Feeling left out now - just unticked the 'new window' box - new note = no new window;  reticked it - new note = new window.  I'll see your :wacko: and raise you :blink:

Uninstall / reinstall maybe?

In my original post I said that I uninstalled and it didn't solve this issue :(. New thing that is worth mentioning, if I use keyboard shortcut to create a new note, it doesn't respect currently selected notepad and creates a note in default notepad. Creating note via button works ok and creates in selected notepad.

Archived