Clipboard catcher to evernote

Avner Coopman

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Avner Coopman said:

A tool needed to run in the background and will act as a clipboard catcher and collects every piece of text copied (or cut) to the Windows clipboard from every application and appends it to Evernote

every piece???
I'd want to be  selective on this

On Macs, we have an Evernote Helper app which lets us easily send the clipboad contents to Evernote; also third party clipboard history apps

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Avner Coopman said:

Think about programmers and I.T. that need to retrace all the command and code copied over the day, you have plenty of tools like this for windows but nothing that will be added to Evernote.

Why does Evernote need this when "you already have plenty of tools for this for wIndows"? Just use your favorite tool, and export the haul to an Evernote import folder.

Flip side: as a programmer, I do a *lot* of text editing, which means a lot of copy/paste operations, and there's no way that I would want the bulk of them saved, as most of it is meaningless five seconds after I've finished the paste operation. If I need to save something, I just open a new Evernote note, and selectively copy / paste exactly what I want there. Or if I want to save a particular clipboard item, I can always use the Evernote "Paste to Evernote" shortcut key (Ctrl+Alt+V is the default) and that clips to a new note (it'd be nice to have a running note, but note merge suffices most of the time).

One would hope that IT people knew enough about their system to be able to automate capturing what they want...

On 10/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, DTLow said:

every piece???
I'd want to be  selective on this

That. I copy/paste passwords from my password manager. (Note, I am commenting on this as a user - my Evernote hat is not on)

Archived