[Request] Paste Formatting and Search

S.Neusse

Idea

Search needs to default behavior like a "quoted search", and find notes with titles named exactly the same as I search, displaying those first, while not excluding other results.
I have numbers in 99% of my notes and searching for <line 4> pulls up all of my notes because of the '4' and the only way to fix it is timewastingly typing  quotes < "line 4" >

Basically, I'm just asking for common sense ordering of the results, based on exact matches showing up at the top.

Noticing the update about format pasting, I would like the ability to paste into default font, while maintaining bold/italics, numbering/bulleting.

Is it too much to ask for?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 9/25/2017 at 11:00 PM, S.Neusse said:

Search needs to default behavior like a "quoted search", and find notes with titles named exactly the same as I search, displaying those first, while not excluding other results.

The existing search language, used up and down the Evernote stack, requires quotes for space-separated search terms. To change that would most likely mean changing Evernote down to its server.. Probably not going to happen, at least any time soon.

But you're not looking for search, you're looking for a sorting function based on multiple attributes  This may seem to you to be "common sense" but actually designing a simple interface for this is not trivial.  And all of the current sorting options are simple single-attribute options (e.g., title, date created, etc.). Could happen, and would be useful to some Evernote users.

Archived