Highlight with a straight line

• 7 months later...

Why people are still requesting for a basic "highlight with a straight line"? Why has Evernote not done that yet? I highlight information on PDFs, and most of the time the highlight tool will correct the line to a straight one, but sometimes my lines are not straight enough, and Evernote doesn't correct the line. I have to Ctrl+Z and try again. That's just ridiculous.

I'm still a Premium user but you are losing me because Evernote is famous and expensive, but doesn't do some basic stuff. My subscription expires in the second semester, but I stopped using Evernote already, which means that I paid for something that I am not using. I wish I had not paid for a Premium subscription.

Em 3/13/2018 at 22:33, tiagozt disse:

Why people are still requesting for a basic "highlight with a straight line"? Why has Evernote not done that yet? I highlight information on PDFs, and most of the time the highlight tool will correct the line to a straight one, but sometimes my lines are not straight enough, and Evernote doesn't correct the line. I have to Ctrl+Z and try again. That's just ridiculous.

I'm still a Premium user but you are losing me because Evernote is famous and expensive, but doesn't do some basic stuff. My subscription expires in the second semester, but I stopped using Evernote already, which means that I paid for something that I am not using. I wish I had not paid for a Premium subscription.

Hi @tiagozt, I completely understand your situation. As a workaround, I think you should try Xodo docs (if you're using highlighting in Android). Xodo is more suitable for this purpose and every change you do in the file will be prompt to save by EN. 

About this especific feature (Highlighting pdf files), I like to use Xodo because the app summarizes the highlights, allowing me to do a quick review of the content I deemed relevant. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Would love to be able to straight highlight, like all my iPad friends can with PDF expert.  Evernote please get on this!

Edit:  just read in a different thread that if you hold down the shift key while highlighting it will make a straight highlight line, and it worked for me in my Windows desktop Evernote.  Doesn't solve the problem for how to do so while on my phone but still makes me happy I can do this on my laptop.

Edited by kcarson
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, SpruceBoi said:

Hey, I was having this problem too. I know this isnt ideal but I was able to turn on "mouse keys" on windows which lets you control the cursor with the mouse pad. (Explained here --> https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/using-your-keyboard-to-control-the-mouse-windows-8-1). If you click with the mouse and control the cursor with the keyboard you get perfectly straight lines.

Thanks, but the problem is that this is an Android-specific thread...