Codeblock formatting lost in shared notes

TomKomar

I'm writing a tutorial that includes step explanations in "normal" text and code snippets in code blocks (using the { } button in formatting toolbar on top of page). When I share my note the code blocks (grey boxes) are there but some instances of text are in "code" text format while other are in "normal" text. When I view my note in editor it looks just as expected but it's the shared note view that's wrong. Now when I edit them in Evernote Desktop on PC to make them all have codeblock formatting, they look good in Desktop editor and Web editor but in the shared note view all text has normal formatting.

What is the right way / process to have consistent formatting in shared notes?

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you gazumped, does the rest of the community have any advice on how to solve that problem? I noticed there are plenty of complains about formatting issues, do they all boil down to some cases of misuse that we should be aware of?

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, TomKomar said:

but in the shared note view

Could you explain the "shared note view"

I can view my notes in different platforms (Mac/IOS/,,,) using the Evernote editor
I can also view my notes using the public url and a web browser

I do notice formating differences when I switch viewers

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The web-based font replacement could be a bug - unless anyone else has a better idea I'd still suggest raising this with Support.  I don't see what you could do to work around it unless you use images for your font snippets rather than text.  An image is (I think) the only file type that will display inline in the shared note,  and it's the only format that the web page can't change.

• Level 5*

Actually - maybe its the confusion of style codes in the original note that is causing the issue.  Would it be practical to remove formatting,  paste the content into a text-only app and then copy / paste from that into a clean note and re-apply the formatting?  Only necessary to do it to one note as an experiment,  to check whether it's the note content or the web presentation that's causing the issue.

Archived