(Archived) paying for premium

When I paid for a trial premium account, I planned to enroll for a three month period. However, I found I could choose one month or a full year. Can you include an option to pay for several months at a time? If so, I will upgrade my account immediately.

Thanks!

trilby

I understand that. However, that would mean an automatic charge to my credit card, which I do not do. It seems easy enough to offer a choice of one month or several, and also an opt out for the automatic billing.

Thanks!

trilbytvc

that would mean an automatic charge to my credit card, which I do not do.

That's certainly your choice.

It seems easy enough to offer a choice of one month or several, and also an opt out for the automatic billing.

I don't know if it's easy or not. For whatever reason, that's not something that's offered.

• Level 5

trilbytvc

It seems easy enough to offer a choice of one month or several,

Well, let's look at the big picture to consider which is easier:

The corporation's expense in rewriting their billing software to accommodate an individual who wants to pay $15 in one-shot for a 3-month membership

vs.

The individual's expense to make 3 monthly payments of $5 each

To me, it looks like the answer if fairly obvious.

Thanks for the suggestion. The "commerce" part of our service is unfortunately one of the trickiest things we're doing on the server, due to the combination of platforms and payment systems. (And also because that's code that you really don't want to mess up, because it involves real money and makes people really angry if you make a mistake.)

This has limited our flexibility somewhat, but we do plan to add more options in the future.

Archived