Paste and Match Style not working with HTML

When I copy some text from an HTML document and click "Paste and Match Style", the style of the copied item is used NOT the format it should in EN. This just started happening after the new release. It occurs whether I use hotkeys or the mouse. It works fine when I copy within EN, just not when I copy from an external HTML doc. 

• 2 months later...

I'm experience the same issue since the major Evernote update (for Windows10) sometime in (I believe) mid-late July.  Paste and match style is not working as it was before.  It simply uses the same formatting from the source document (or HTML page) from which you are copying.

Also, Evernote has added huge whitespace borders (where there were none before) in that same update.  That whitespace takes up too much screen real estate and is undesirable.  If some users wanted the whitespace borders, then Evernote should have made that a customizable option, not forced all users to accept it.

Please fix in next update.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded and installed the most recent release because the release notes said it fixed many copy and paste issues, which I have like many others experienced. What I did not anticipate was that in the process you have changed the function of CTRL-SHIFT-V "paste and match style" which I use hundreds of times per day, to something which not only doesn't match the style, but which also pastes extra baggage like links that I specifically do not want to paste. There now appears to be no option available to me to just paste plain text from, say, a web page, into Evernote without first copying & pasting into a text editor. 

I am struggling to come up with a reason to continue using Evernote at this point, because far from improving my productivity it seems like the team at Evernote is doing its best to sabotage my productivity in new and inventive ways every time I "upgrade" my version.

Archived