Remembering people at an event (aka "I miss Evernote Hello")

hamiposa

Idea

Dear Evernote team,

I know it's been a while since the support for "Evernote Hello" ended. However, I must say that I miss it even after such a long time. The business card scanning feature does not provide the same functionality Hello did.

I would really be happy to see an app like Hello in the Evernote environment.

And I would like to ask the community how you deal with the challenge of remembering people you met. I often remember the event and date - or just the place but not the names. Or if I return to a conference the following year, I would like to remember whom I met before. Or let's say, I want to group the attendees of a meeting, plus adding the location and date.

Do you have any advise?

Thanks and regards from Germany, Hami

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, hamiposa said:

And I would like to ask the community how you deal with the challenge of remembering people you met. I often remember the event and date - or just the place but not the names. Or if I return to a conference the following year, I would like to remember whom I met before. Or let's say, I want to group the attendees of a meeting, plus adding the location and date.

If you identify the features you need we can suggest how to implement them in Evernote

Evernote is a generic filing solution, but is good a grouping data
I'd have no problem assigning tags for meeting, location and date

• Level 5*

As with @DTLow - everything I collect at an event or a meeting,  notes / cards / brochures / pictures,  all goes into my default notebook tagged with the name and date of the event.  If I'm going back to the same place again,  I review everything I had last time,  which refreshes my memory of people somewhat.  If I see anyone I think I recognise I can take a quick timeout to recheck the faces so I can get the name (my memory is terrible too...).  If I have names but no cards or pictures I'll often look people up in LinkedIn or their company web pages so I get a picture.

Archived