Changing chronology of notes in a notebook

This should be simple, but I can't figure it out.

I scan documents to a notebook.  I want to view the most recent images first.  However, Evernote adds the new images to the bottom.  Is there a way to automatically sort/re-sort these documents automatically in reverse chronological order?  

There are about 100 images so far, and growing.  I can't even attempt drag and drop because the images are full size and so the process is unmanageable.  So, if drag and drop reordering is possible, is there also a way to reduce the images sizes to thumbnails?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, matt993 said:

I scan documents to a notebook.  I want to view the most recent images first.

Most platforms allow you to set the note sequence5915c7034a712_ScreenShot2017-05-12at7_28_53AM.png.e994e50bbfa3da519f34c5fc2a95e1ee.png

The screenshot is from my Mac; I show my notes in Update Date sequence

That makes perfect sense, but my View menu is as follows.  (BTW, using Evernote app):

Shortcuts

Left Panel

Note List

Note Panel

Tags View

Quick Search

Work Chat 

____

Search Information

Editing Toolbar

Status bar

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, matt993 said:

That makes perfect sense, but my View menu is as follows.  (BTW, using Evernote app):

You'll get a more specific response if you identify your platform; Win/Mac/IOS...

• Level 5*

Your Note List panel should have a search box at the top. To the left of that is a dropdown menu that lets you select:

• Note list view, e.g. Card, Snippet, Top List, etc.
  • Note list sort order
  • A setting to cause the selected view type and sort order to always be used for the current search or notebook, depending on what's current (if you clicked on a notebook, then the settings will persist for the notebook, if you filtered your note list in some other way, then the settings should persist for that filter).

This sorts the list of notes in the notebook.  

I understand that I can sort this in any number of ways.

However, in the note are 100 document scans.  I am trying to sort these items in reverse chronological order, either by a sort command or drag and drop.  However, drag and drop appears not to be available.  Nor does cut and paste within the same note.

At this point it appears that I have to live with this.  And I now understand why people are frustrated by Evernote.  I wouldn't exactly call it customizable.  

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, matt993 said:

in the note are 100 document scans.  I am trying to sort these items in reverse chronological order, either by a sort command or drag and drop.

My document scans are stored as pdf attachments in a note.
On my Mac, I can use the "Save Attachments" feature
This would give me 100 separate files to work with; and sort 
My recommendation is to import the files as separate notes

You started this discussion as Notes in a Notebook. Its confusing that you've switched to 100 scans within a note

My terminology may have been off.  Sorry.  But a few minutes before your response, I started thinking the same thing - separate notes. And for the documents in this particular note, that does make some sense. 

But here's my overall issue.

I have a notebook called Clients.

In that notebook are 500 notes - 500 clients.

In those notes, I scan documents associated with those clients.  I would still like to see those note in reverse chronological order.  Sometimes the images are presented in reverse chronological order, sometimes not.  And I don't know why.  

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, matt993 said:

I have a notebook called Clients.

In that notebook are 500 notes - 500 clients.

In those notes, I scan documents associated with those clients.

That explains the multiple scans per notes.

I'm curious as to how you got the scans to add to a note.  The process I use creates a new note each time I do a scan

Archived