Open notebook in new window

ybp9003

Idea

I use Evernote Business and it is the the center of my workflow. Everything I do is captured/archived by Evernote.

The other day, I was comparing numerous notes, some of them were housed in a different notebook. It wasn't possible to open each note I wanted to compare in a separate window. What would have really streamlined my task was if I could open each notebook in its own window. Then I could better peruse through the notes.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, ybp9003 said:

It wasn't possible to open each note I wanted to compare in a separate window.

I can open notes each in a separate window on my Mac

Yes. As can I. Thank you for pointing that out. I should have phrased that sentence better. Sorry.

The comparison that I was performing that day would not have been aided by opening the notes I needed to compare into their own separate windows. There were just too many of them. Switching between all of them would have made the process slower than just manually switching to/from the different notebooks.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ybp9003 said:

Yes. As can I. Thank you for pointing that out. I should have phrased that sentence better. Sorry.

The comparison that I was performing that day would not have been aided by opening the notes I needed to compare into their own separate windows. There were just too many of them. Switching between all of them would have made the process slower than just manually switching to/from the different notebooks.

Workaround.  Open one of the notebooks in a browser, or multiple notebooks in different browsers if you like, do the work in the desktop app.  Not pretty per se, but may help.

That is

20 hours ago, csihilling said:

Open one of the notebooks in a browser, or multiple notebooks in different browsers

All of these notes had a pdf attachment that I needed to view. As far as I know, the Web client doesn't give you a usable preview of a multipage PDF unless you open them up in a separate tab. Then I would have to close each tab before moving on to the next note. It just wasn't productive.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, ybp9003 said:

That is

All of these notes had a pdf attachment that I needed to view. As far as I know, the Web client doesn't give you a usable preview of a multipage PDF unless you open them up in a separate tab. Then I would have to close each tab before moving on to the next note. It just wasn't productive.

Ah, yeah, ,browser is not as much help with PDFs as the object to view.  Sorry about that.  Though pending EN implementing this change or not two clicks might not be as bad as bouncing around a bunch of notes.

Archived