What's the current status and future for Windows Ink support with Evernote? I have a Windows Ink system and I was really excited about the prospects, until I realized Evernote doesn't have actual Windows Ink support in terms of integration with Workspace.. I realize I can create an Ink note and use my pen, but that's about it. If there are tips or things I need to know to make this a better workflow, please advise.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote don't generally share their future plans,  so all we users can generally go on is what's available at the moment.  The company has an impressive record of improving its various features over time,  so you can hope for more scope and flexibility - and suggest features that you'd like to see in the Feedback threads to see if they'd be universally popular.

But. Evernote does have a habit from time to time of dropping features it sees as being superfluous to requirement,  so you can't always guarantee that your 'killer' feature will be there forever.

Most of us older hands (I think) tend to proceed on the basis of sticking with Evernote because in general it works pretty well - but always being on a low-level lookout for other services,  just in case...

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, muzicman82 said:

What's the current status and future for Windows Ink support with Evernote? I have a Windows Ink system and I was really excited about the prospects, until I realized Evernote doesn't have actual Windows Ink support in terms of integration with Workspace.. I realize I can create an Ink note and use my pen, but that's about it. If there are tips or things I need to know to make this a better workflow, please advise.

There are several workarounds for implementing a better support for handwritten notes in Evernote.

If you like Windows Ink, I think the closest thing you can come to fully integrated Windows Ink is to download Share To Folder from the Windows Store, then create a Windows folder somewhere on your computer and add it to "Import folders" in the Tools menu in Evernote the first time.

Every time you want to add the Windows Ink note to Evernote, you just tap the share button in Windows Ink and select Share To Folder, and then the folder (you have to look it up the first time).

On 3/15/2017 at 8:12 PM, gustavgi said:

There are several workarounds for implementing a better support for handwritten notes in Evernote.

If you like Windows Ink, I think the closest thing you can come to fully integrated Windows Ink is to download Share To Folder from the Windows Store, then create a Windows folder somewhere on your computer and add it to "Import folders" in the Tools menu in Evernote the first time.

Every time you want to add the Windows Ink note to Evernote, you just tap the share button in Windows Ink and select Share To Folder, and then the folder (you have to look it up the first time).

Good idea, although I see that app is not free. I don't mind spending the money if it is the best solution. Hmm.. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, muzicman82 said:

Good idea, although I see that app is not free. I don't mind spending the money if it is the best solution. Hmm.. 

There is a trial though if you want to test it.

Otherwise, you could click the copy button next to the share button instead. Then touch and hold the Evernote icon in the Windows taskbar and pick Paste clipboard. 

Archived