Shared Notebook Creating Conflicts

I just upgraded Evernote for my team so that we can share to-do lists for projects and such, but now it's creating all kinds of conflicts. Why? What good is this if sharing creates so many conflicts and there isn't a good way to resolve them? 

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-06 at 8:27 AM, aprilmayb said:

What good is this if sharing creates so many conflicts and there isn't a good way to resolve them? 

Not sure the exact cause of your conflicts, but one thing I'd suggest is that you make sure you sync often.

Even without sharing, you can cause conflicts by working on multiple devices.  Sharing and having multiple users adds to the risk

Also, try to avoid having notes updated by multiple users at the same time

We are trying to keep our projects lists and such in shared documents so that we can all see what's going on at any given time, but when we all have it opened, it creates conflicts. I thought Evernote was supposed to be able to be used for real time sharing and working on documents. That's why I bought it.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, aprilmayb said:

so that we can all see what's going on at any given time, but when we all have it opened, it creates conflicts

Was that seeing or updating

I don't see any problem with everyone viewing the same note - there should be no conflicts

Unfortunately, EN doesn't have a read-only switch so updates are made accidently

• Level 5*

Evernote syncs notes via the server - all devices connected to the same account send and receive updates at random intervals depending on individual settings and sign on times.  So someone updating note A may find that someone had already changed the content before the update is saved to the server.  Evernote is fine for sharing look-up access,  but not good if several people are trying to change the same note.  Real time sharing doesn't work in Evernote - but there was a recent link with Google Drive that may make it convenient to share and collaborate on working documents that way. 

How to attach Google Drive files to notes

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. 

It's been some tıme I had my eye on read-only notes. Today I reserved some time into doing this and created a simple web app.

It works like this: you tag your notes with a tag called 'readonly' and every five minutes, the system checks your notes and makes tagged ones read-only. You can subscribe to the service via : https://ro-app.run.aws-usw02-pr.ice.predix.io/

. Plese note that this is a 2-3 hour work and I will not maintain it in terms of look etc. It simply does what it promises to do. If there's a huge interest in the project I might allocate some more time into it, though. 

Cheers,
Onat

Archived