windows 10 sync

It appears that my desktop files have not been updating since I installed windows 10. When I hit sync, a red warning appears on the sync icon, an a message appears "cannot connect to server". I logged off and reloaded the app, and now I can't log on, resulting in the same message.

• Level 5*

Click help|Activity Log and see what it says there. There should be something that will indicate where it is stopping. You can post snippets of the log here and we can try to help, or you can send the entire log to Evernote. See their support links in my sig.

• Level 5*

I'm not at my pc right now so cannot give exact instructions. Your log will be in your c:\users\yourprofile\evernote folder. I think in the logs folder. There will be two types. App log and activity log. They are just text files. . 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, rosekavage said:

But I can't log in to get to the activity log.

How do you get a no sync error message if you can't log in?  What exactly does it say?

In  the meantime, try logging into the web version to make sure you have the right user name and password.  Sometimes secondary accounts have been created by accident?

Archived