Removing links in notes

Evernote is assigning what appears to be links to any full e-mail address or 7+ digit number in any note that I create, via cut and paste or from scratch. I do not want any links in any notes, period. I can modify linked fields such as e-mail addresses easily to do this, but this is not so easy with account numbers, SSN and the like. When I go back to the desktop version of Evernote, the link is not visible, so I can't highlight it there and "remove hyperlink" or "remove underscore". And there do not appear to be any settings on the device side to change this. Very annoying, can anyone help me out here? Is there a way to format the message on either the device or desktop side to avoid or get rid of these links? Thanks.

I believe that the "phone number" thing is coming from the iPhone OS itself. This is the iPhone web controls giving you easy access to dialing phone numbers.

• 4 years later...

So strange that I can't find way to remove this feature, it's so annoying. When I talk to Apple they say the problem is in Evernote and here it seems the problem is in IOS. I lean to the latter dince it does the same in Notes.

Did you ever find a way to prevent links? I know it's been four years since you asked but I still have the problem.

Or can anyone else help? Remove automatic linking when writing notes. When I write bank account numbers or time intervals it perceives them as trlephone numbers. AAaargh.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived