Sync issue

I am using Evernote desktop app under windows 7. Evernote has been running fine in the past, but a few days ago the sync always has problem (displaying a red warning). Later the sync is complete, but I noticed the notes I created in the past few days are not there.

In the web app, I noticed that most missing notes can be found there. There is one note which was completely gone.

How can I sync the web notes to my desktop? And where to find the missing note?

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Xuc said:

How can I sync the web notes to my desktop? 

The master copy of your notes is on the Evernote servers; viewed using the web application.  (This does not include Local Notebooks  or unsynced notes)

You can use the web platform to modify a note; something simple like adding a space.  The modified note should then sync to your Windows device

You can do a mass rebuild of your Windows database.  I don't know of a shortcut, but deleting the database will force this.  Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

>>a few days ago the sync always has problem (displaying a red warning). Later the sync is complete

But I noticed the notes I created in the past few days are not there....There is one note which was completely gone.

This is a concern and should be followed up on.  Notes should not disappear from your Windows device

Evernote support can be contacted at   Contact Evernote Support Twitter @evernotehelps 

Some self help troubleshooting is to reboot your device or/and delete and reinstall the app

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Xuc said:

I am using Evernote desktop app under windows 7. Evernote has been running fine in the past, but a few days ago the sync always has problem (displaying a red warning). Later the sync is complete, but I noticed the notes I created in the past few days are not there.

In the web app, I noticed that most missing notes can be found there. There is one note which was completely gone.

How can I sync the web notes to my desktop? And where to find the missing note?

Click on sync while pressing the Ctrl key.  Any notes appear in your notes list are the issue.  Modify them in some way and try to sync again.

If the list is empty, try recycling your machine.

Archived