Lag making Evernote unusable

I use Evernote Premium on my:

• Windows 10 PC, which has 6gb of Ram and a 2.2ghz i5 processor
  • iPad Air 2
  • Moto G4

It's becoming next to unusable. The PC is just about still ok, though there is frequently a delay when typing, especially when creating a new note.

The iPad is a pain, it lags and is unresponsive for several seconds at a time when trying to shuffle through notes, with keyboard lag as well.

The Moto G4, which is where I need to use Evernote most, is now barely usable. I just counted 54 seconds to open Evernote with two "Evernote is not responding" messages. It then took a further 45 seconds to open one of the notes. 

I have gone from using it for everything to not even wanting to open the app anymore. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. 

Please help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As you're a premium subscriber I suggest you contact support directly,  open a chat session (same link),  or message them on Twitter

The mobile apps need to sync with the server to check for updates before they are ready for action,  so maybe if your network connection is slow or busy with other traffic that's having an effect.  If you have any offline searchable notes,  that will add a lot to the storage used which might also slow things down,  as does moving the app to external storage if that's available.  There aren't many options available though - a reinstall is about as much teching as we can offer...

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, am having terrible problems with Evernote.  The camera feature often doesn't work.  It is VERY slow and laggy - today it is simply unusable.  I have put in a request for assistance a few days ago, but still haven't heard back.  I have scoured the message boards about what to do, but have come up with nothing.

Very upset about all this.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, hilaryintern said:

I, too, am having terrible problems with Evernote.  The camera feature often doesn't work.  It is VERY slow and laggy - today it is simply unusable.  I have put in a request for assistance a few days ago, but still haven't heard back.  I have scoured the message boards about what to do, but have come up with nothing.

Very upset about all this.

Hi.  What's your OS,  which device are you using,  have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app,  and what ticket number did you receive?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same type of issues... both on EN on Windows 10 and on my iPhone. So it's not limited to one platform for me. EN goes typically goes unresponsive for 30 to 60 seconds (sometimes more) at a time. I've tried running all of the cntrl-help repairs and turning off instant sync, but to no avail. I suppose I'll try reinstalling but other users haven't gotten results with this. I've been using Evernote for many years (since the early days of the product) and have had nothing like this issue until about the past month. Since there are so many users having this issue, I believe it's a product-related issue that shows up under certain conditions. Evernote needs to give this some attention and get it resolved. It's very frustrating to deal with and we need a fix.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5
On 11/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, kschwarz said:

I wasn't able to contact support (even with a premium account). The lag while typing text in Evernote 8.5 on IOS 11 (even in a new note) makes Evernote on the iPad unusable. Yes I have an Ipad Air 1 but still. How is it that Pages and Word work without lag and not Evernote? And yes, I deleted and reinstalled the app completely and redownloaded all my notes. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums. This is the Android Help forum. You might get better help on the iOS or Mac forum.

Archived