Access to tags in shared notebooks

ooMikeoo

Idea

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, ooMikeoo said:

Title says it all, tags are unusable in shared notebooks.

Was there anything specific; we're a big user of tags in shared notebooks

• Level 5*
Just now, ooMikeoo said:

I have lots of useful tags in UNshared notebook, can't seem to use any of them in a shared notebook.

Are you pointing out that only the owner can add tags to a shared Notebook?

Personally, if it's my Notebook, I want my tag setup enforced.  Yes, I have to respond to tag requests from the sharees 

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, ooMikeoo said:

So how to get a usable set of tags for both users?

When I set up a Notebook for sharing, the first note is an introduction and instructions.  I add all the allowed tags to that note

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

When I set up a Notebook for sharing, the first note is an introduction and instructions.  I add all the allowed tags to that note

So this worked out really well. I only want to share certain notes from my premium account with my free account that I log into at work since I use a shared computer. Trying to limit exposure in case I were to forget to log out or something like that. My problem was using a folder that I created in the free account and moving notes into that from my normal prime account. 

When I make the shared folder with my premium account, Then I can populate that with work tags in the introduction note.

Also, now these messages show up in search results on my phone (premium acct). Before I wasn't getting search results for notes in the shared folder. 

Thanks, your idea fixed a couple of issues I was having!

On 1/23/2017 at 3:37 PM, DTLow said:

Thank you for this suggestion. I assume using tags in shared notebooks is the same no matter what level of account the 2 users have. Correct? Only the creator of the notebook can add or subtract tags, and the other person can only know what tags are possible for the shared notebook by referring back to the initial instructions note you suggest the creator of the notebook make when setting the shared notebook up. Correct?   Is it just me or do others find this a bit clumsy? Yet I understand the need to not have your tags messed with by another person. Is Evernote by any chance working on a more graceful solution?

I don't seem to be able to search for tags in shared notebooks.

The tags the other user applied come up at the top of the note but I cant filter them.

Isn't that the main purpose of tags, the ability to find a set in a multitude?

Seems like a massive dealbreaker to me :(

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Guidorivai said:

It would help if you identify your platform/device and your method of filtering

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Guidorivai said:

The tags the other user applied come up at the top of the note but I cant filter them.

These all work fine for me in the Windows and Android clients.

Archived