How do I add a shared note to my Notebook

Munirasmiles

Hi

A mate of mine has shared a note with me. He often sends me notes to look at and add to. But there is no way I could find to add those notes to my notebook. Sometimes I would like to search for them and so they need to be in my notebook.

Any help if much appreciated.

M

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-23 at 7:11 AM, Munirasmiles said:

A mate of mine has shared a note with me. He often sends me notes to look at and add to.

Can you give more detail on the sharing - is this within Evernote or email or ?

13 minutes ago, FM26 said:

I also tried this.. can't move the note to one of my own notebooks.. or use tags from myself! That’s definetly a missing feature...

Which platform.  My Mac allows "Copy To Notebook"

>>or use tags from myself!

The tag restriction is by design - only the notebook's owner is allowed to add new tags

If you receive a shared note either via workchat or as a link, you can always copy the note into any of your notebooks.

You could also share a notebook with your friend where he can simply drop interesting notes for you. This is how we do it across all of our Evernote deployments with clients and inside our company as well.

On 24.1.2017 at 5:47 PM, DTLow said:

Can you give more detail on the sharing - is this within Evernote or email or ?

Which platform.  My Mac allows "Copy To Notebook"

>>or use tags from myself!

The tag restriction is by design - only the notebook's owner is allowed to add new tags

Yes of course i can copy them but then i dont work with the original note and my mates/collegues cant see the changes ive made.

in my opinion this is a missing feature...

i just want to move the note into my own organization system of evernote and tag it so i could find it much faster.

• 9 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 6:06 PM, EnricoNahler said:

If you receive a shared note either via workchat or as a link, you can always copy the note into any of your notebooks.

You could also share a notebook with your friend where he can simply drop interesting notes for you. This is how we do it across all of our Evernote deployments with clients and inside our company as well.

But HOW? I want to be able to share a note and essentially force the person I'm sharing with to make a copy in their own notebook. Then it's their note and my note doesn't get changed. I cannot figure out how to do this on Evernote Web, which my students will have. Help!?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, kmhrsn said:

But HOW? I want to be able to share a note and essentially force the person I'm sharing with to make a copy in their own notebook. Then it's their note and my note doesn't get changed.

When you share a note, you set view/edit5a1f395b20ccb_ScreenShot2017-11-29at14_46_33.png.9d71b21c38b1d88700b50b5b184be385.png privileges 

To edit a view-only note, they have to copy the note 

>>I cannot figure out how to do this on Evernote Web, which my students will have.

The web platform doesn't have a copy-note feature.
I'd do a copy/paste to get the content in a new note

Archived