Presentation Feature

• Level 5*

This is not a feature I use, but I'm disappointed that Evernote did not announce the planned changes to this feature

It was the version release team who informed users the Presentation feature is no longer available on the IOS platform

I feel that Evernote management failed in keeping users informed 

I subscribed for Evernote Premium on 1st of January and I think I might use the 30 day refund policy and ask my money back because of this. This is the most useful feature for me as I am working with large masses of text and wan't to read text in a pleasant way with my iPhone. I reading mode is very, very important for many of us working with text! Please!

(This is a basic account - I created a new one when I subscribed for Premium.)

Here I reiterate it again: 

They took away the presentation mode for ever, when the world has already moved to close to 13 inches iPads, which are excellent for presenting things to a small group of people on a round table conference. Removing it from the iPad is so stupid that I am at a loss of words to express my frustation. My other iPad's are never getting the new evernote updates. 

Really hacked off that Presentations has disappeared off my iPad. The beauty of Evernote is that it allows you to work anywhere. Now you've removed this I cannot put together simple presentations when away from the office. Not very clever.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Will they do that for the PC version as well?

I don't think think there's any plans to drop Presentation Mode from Macs/Widows and didn't mean to cause an alarm.

I just don't want to find out about major policy changes at version release time
Its disrespectful to the user population, and unfair to the development teams

I used this feature daily in my teaching. I'm very disappointed both that the feature is missing and that we were not told that this feature would be dropped from the latest version.

Could an Evernote employee please confirm whether it will be coming back to the iPad app? And also confirm whether the Presentation mode is slated to disappear from the laptop app? If so, I need to start migrating away from Evernote sooner rather than later. 

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Presentation Mode every work day on my iPhone.  I need to see speaking points and can only glance at my phone - and presentation mode is what allows me to quickly see what I need because of the way it wraps text and makes the text large and readable.  What it does is not available in any other mode - not even if you use the "remove formatting" option.  Dear Evernote - I don't use it to "present" notes on a projector or TV (you suggested using Air Play so that doesn't apply here) - it seems that you've made assumptions about the use case for this feature.  Presentation Mode is one of 2 reasons I pay for Premium!  Please bring it back now!  I am going to hold off upgrading to 8.x as long as possible, because not having this feature would negatively affect me at work.

• 5 months later...

Archived