Evernote not syncing after every windows update

Hello! I am using Evernote for Windows 10. Every time I update Windows Evernote no longer syncs. When I make changes to a note it is lost as soon as I click off the notes. All my other devices work fine

The only solution I have found is to uninstall it and re-download after an update. This is exhausting and I usually lose quite a bit of work before I realize it's happening. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  That certainly shouldn't be the case - I've installed all the Win 10 updates to date without having to reinstall Evernote.  I'd suggest doing a thorough clean reinstall.  Keep a careful eye on what happens next time you update...

Provided you have NO local notebooks* I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller** to locate and destroy (in a totally nice way) all Evernote components you currently have,  then reinstall from a download,  allowing Evernote's server to rebuild your database for you.  Follow the defaults - don't choose any odd locations for your files.

Make sure you sync fully,  and locate your database folder (Evernote > Tools > Options > General for the link)

Then File > Exit Evernote and use the link to copy your entire Evernote Databases folder to another location as a backup.

Run Revo to exterminate your current installation,  then restart and reinstall.  The server will rebuild your database after you log in.  It can take a while - don't do this when you have to be somewhere soon.

If you DO have local notebooks - make sure you export them to separate ENEX*** files (Options - include Tags) before starting the above.  Re-import the files once the new database has been created.

* What is a local notebook?

** http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html  - scroll to the bottom of the page for the free version

*** How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

• 4 weeks later...

I did the Revo uninstall and it worked great until another computer update (Ihave no local notebooks). I came to work after my computer updated on the weekend and I lost an hours worth of work because it did it to me again. I am going to Revo uninstall it again, but clearly this is not the solution.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, TLC82 said:

I did the Revo uninstall and it worked great until another computer update (Ihave no local notebooks). I came to work after my computer updated on the weekend and I lost an hours worth of work because it did it to me again. I am going to Revo uninstall it again, but clearly this is not the solution.

Are you able to trigger a manual sync?  Is the activity log giving you any details on the problem.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, TLC82 said:

I lost an hours worth of work

Even if Windows does an update/restart you should still get all your work synced.  Check in Tools > Options > Synchronisation and make sure you have "sync automatically" ticked and set to something fairly short.

• Level 5*

OK then - fixing the sync issue should safeguard your work,  although that's much more easily said than done...  I take it you're syncing from a work computer - does it live on a network inside a business firewall?  There are some general sync fixing suggestions here -

How to troubleshoot syncing issues

How to connect to Evernote through a firewall or proxy server

Archived