Badge App Icon shows 7 alerts

Hi,

All of the sudden I have 7 "alerts" on my Evernote app, and I don't know where are they coming from?

The app badge shows the number 7. I know I can turn this off from my iPhone, but I do want to keep notifications so when I set reminders, etc. I actually get them. But I don't understand where these are coming from. I haven't set up any alert recently, and when I go into the app there is no indicator of an "alert".

I upgraded today to 8.0. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!!

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, leandrow said:

All of the sudden I have 7 "alerts" on my Evernote app, and I don't know where are they coming from?

The badge is now showing a count of all outstanding reminders
You can go into the reminders section and close reminders - they will be removed from the count

1 hour ago, rahaim said:

I'm wasting too much time on this. Bad app GUI!

The red badge on the EN icon represents the number of reminders where the due date/time has passed. The best way to find these is to select Reminders which is right under All Notes in the Notebook list. This will show you all remainders in due date order. The ones where the remind date/time has passed will be at the top. Select the notes one by one and tap the clock icon at the top and then tap what you want to do with the Reminder such as Mark as Done, Clear, etc.

Hah yes, that brought me here too. I could not find where to turn off the alert badge.

I agree, in the app, there should also show alert badge on the alerts icon in upper right, or maybe in the header next to "all notes" or the deeper "reminders" so we had a clue where to find the alerts.

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-27 at 3:54 AM, rahaim said:

I'm wasting too much time on this. Bad app GUI!

What part are you having problem with and don't like

Personally I simply turned off the notification badge in settings

For those or you who want the count displayed, it seems a simple enough process to clear reminders

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MattFr said:

Frustrating that Evernote seems to be less and less informative with every iteration

Evernote is informing you of the number of outstanding reminders
This seems to be more informative, not less

• 1 month later...

I don't agree. I used the badge to inform me of unread chats. Understand?

..and yes, the new UI is horrid. I work in UX and the slowness of the whole app now is unbearable. Keep tapping on screen and no response. UI is now not responsive.

• 1 month later...

This notification would be helpful IFF there was a clear way to see which notes were causing those notifications as soon as you open the app. A couple of suggestions -- make the "Reminders" search topmost when there are overdue notifications; or at least highlight the "Reminders" option in some way (say making it red); Or adding another button to the sidebar that goes to "Reminders". As a side note -- the overdue items should really be highlighted as well once you are in that list (again maybe by making them red?). 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, celmo said:

It indicates that I have 3 reminders past due but I have NO reminders much less any late reminders

Outstanding chats?

• 3 weeks later...

As someone else put it; this was a waste of my time.

Upon opening an app with an active notification badge It should be very obvious to the end user what is causing the badge to show up. This is UX (User Experience) fundamentals. 

Here are the facts as I know them when it comes to notification badges on iOS:

1. Badges will show up for each reminder that is past due even if it's past due by an hour.
3. Chats will also cause badges to show up, though I'm not sure why mine did. It was simply something I shared over a month ago. Nothing pressing there. 

Which begs the question, why is a chat being started on something I simply "shared." I had no intention of "chatting" about my shared note. I simply wanted to share it.

• 1 month later...

"Me Too"...

bad ux, nothing to indicate to user what is asking for attention once you enter the app.

reminders and chat should have a badge within the app as well.

thank you for calling this out, finally cleared them!-P

Archived