Text fields in Notes

tombran44

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-13 at 9:43 AM, tombran44 said:

Is it possible to create a template in Notes that will have 2 text fields in each note? Thank you

Could you provide more details

Certainly you can have a template note; you can have text - but you can't add "fields"

The only field options I know of in contents is hyperlinks
You could also prefix keywords for search purposes; for example keyword_xxxx

If you are able to parse the note contents, you could tag specific text; for example  <spedial> xxxx </special>

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, tombran44 said:

Is it possible to create a template in Notes that will have 2 text fields in each note? Thank you

"Notes"? What is "Notes"? You can create a table in Evernote with two rows and one column. But there's nothing stopping you from writing outside the table as well. Just what are you trying to do here?

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-13 at 9:43 AM, tombran44 said:

1 hour ago, tombran44 said:

I'm looking to create a template whereby each new note has 2 text fields in it.

Thanks for the providing the detail but it doesn't really explain your feature request
Can we get more details - maybe a screen shot

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, tombran44 said:

Sure I'm attaching a screen shot which is how I'd like the note to look

Are the "two text fields" the Company/Adress at the top, and the notes at the  bottom

I agree with @jefito about using a table; or even a separator line

Here's a sample from my Mac     Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.33.36 AM.png

Thank you all for your input. I have a very large contact file, the app is InTouchWith, Prairie Software http://www.prgrsoft.com

It's a brilliant 2 field open design. You put the name and address in the top field and everything else in the bottom field, notes phone numbers links etc. I've been using it for years, but they just aren't keeping it up to date, so I'm trying to replicate it in Evernote. I think your last answer DTLow is the solution. We're supposed to get 4' of snow this weekend so I'll have lots of time to dial it in. Thanks again everyone

Archived