Evernote Import Folders - Option to Delete Files

Hi !

I'd like to have an option to set if I want (or not) Evernote to remove files from it's import folders once they are processed.

I usually work with those kinds of "hot folders" but, it's easier to understand or to control when the "other side" deletes the file once it grab's it.

Currently it does not remove the files. It swallows the file but does not remove. This would keep on being the default behaviour cause it's been like that for all users.

However, we could have a configuration option "per import folder", telling if Evernote should remove the files once processed or not.

IMHO that would make automation betweeen applications way more easy.

Thanks !

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, José Adriano said:

I'd like to have an option to set if I want (or not) Evernote to remove files from it's import folders once they are processed.

I usually work with those kinds of "hot folders" but, it's easier to understand or to control when the "other side" deletes the file once it grab's it.

Currently it does not remove the files. It swallows the file but does not remove. This would keep on being the default behaviour cause it's been like that for all users.

However, we could have a configuration option "per import folder", telling if Evernote should remove the files once processed or not.

Check the documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-How-to-create-import-folders-in-Evernote-for-Windows

It describes how to select the delete files option

I'm moving this request to the Windows forum

• Level 5*

Moved to Windows Help forum, since 1) import folders is Evernote for Windows specific feature and 2) auto delete is already implemented:

Auto delete for import folders already exists: when you set up the import folder, there is a column in the list named "Source" which allows a choice between either "Keep" or "Delete". Choosing "Delete" will delete the file once it's been loaded into Evernote.

Archived