Note Background Papers

José Adriano

Idea

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, José Adriano said:

I'd like to be able to choose among several "paper" options to be the background of my note.

fwiw, I use a table to create a background for my notes.  
Even a 1x1 table allows me to set the colour
Adding columns allows me more efficient use of the note space

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, José Adriano said:

I cant see the option to add background colour to tables while using EN on Windows...

I'm using a Mac
I understand it may have more table features than other platforms

The other option is to edit the underlying html code.  You can export/import the note, and have a .enex file to update

<table style="-evernote-table:true;border-collapse:collapse;width:100%;table-layout:fixed;margin-left:0px;">
<tr>
<td style="border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:rgb(219,219,219);padding:10px;margin:0px;width:100%;background-color:rgb(255,239,185);">
<div><br/></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, José Adriano said:

I cant see the option to add background colour to tables while using EN on Windows...

If you wish to make feature requests for specific Evernote clients, it's probably best to do so in the Product Feedback subforum for that client. In this case, it's here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/224-windows-desktop-product-feedback/. I can move the thread if you wish.

Aside from that, DTLow is correct in that you can edit the Evernote HTML code. In the case of the Windows client, you would export the note to .ENEX format, edit the .ENEX file and add the markup that you want, and then import the .ENEX file into Evernote. Once it looks good, that's your template.

Archived