Update to Latest Version Lost Some Folders/Data

I succumbed to the latest prompt and I just updated to the latest windows desktop version. It turned out to be a very bad decision. During the update, it said EN was moving the EN folders/files to a different directory on my computer.  At the end of the update, I received a message saying not all of the folders could be moved and to click on a link to see what ones. I clicked on the link and saw about a dozen folders (see attached.)

I would like to submit a ticket to support and ask them what to do to fix this problem, but I'm a free user so I can't.  It's pretty sketchy that their update broke my EN (which was working just fine) and now I would need to pay them to get help to fix it.

EN_AppData_Missed_2016-12-19.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, snowrider said:

I succumbed to the latest prompt and I just updated to the latest windows desktop version. It turned out to be a very bad decision. During the update, it said EN was moving the EN folders/files to a different directory on my computer.  At the end of the update, I received a message saying not all of the folders could be moved and to click on a link to see what ones. I clicked on the link and saw about a dozen folders (see attached.)

The master copy of your data is on the Evernote Server
- except for local notebooks or unsynced notes

Given that, I've never been overly concerned about corrupting my local data

If something goes wrong, I just delete the database and let Evernote rebuild it from the servers
Note: The rebuild will not include local notebooks or unsynced notes

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, snowrider said:

I would like to submit a ticket to support and ask them what to do to fix this problem, but I'm a free user so I can't.  It's pretty sketchy that their update broke my EN (which was working just fine) and now I would need to pay them to get help to fix it.

The real question is whether you actually lost any data (notes, notebooks, etc.), or are these file system folder just leftovers from the move operation (the move was needed because of Microsoft rules for application data location). If you did lose data, then you'll need to go through customer support. If not, you're probably ok.

Archived