I seem to be having a problem with downloading updates. I keep getting a pop-up advising me that an update is available. I choose Download and it starts. But after some minutes I get the message that the download has failed and am advised to try again later. So far after numberous attempts at trying again later I have never been able to download the update!

Would be very grateful for any advice on this. Thanks

2 hours ago, gerardzytkow said:

I seem to be having a problem with downloading updates. I keep getting a pop-up advising me that an update is available. I choose Download and it starts. But after some minutes I get the message that the download has failed and am advised to try again later. So far after numberous attempts at trying again later I have never been able to download the update!

Would be very grateful for any advice on this. Thanks

Hi @gerardzytkow, welcome to the Forums!

What device are you experiencing this issue on?

Many thanks for your simple and effective reply. That did work for my Desktop.Went to Play Store on my phone and that has now updated as well.

Still do not understand why it refused to update on my computer as just before I tried your fix decided to try the update one last time. It went all the way but then finally came back with the failure notification and again said to try again later.

Anyway, job has succedded thanks to you. All the best. 

Archived