Export NOTEBOOKS In NOTEBOOK order

Hi :)

I want to export as a  SINGLE HTML FILE with my NOTEBOOKS in alpha order (Hierarchically organized) with their respective NOTES included. 

Please, how can I accomplish this?

PS: If this is not clear, let me know & I'll create an Illustration & post it.

Warm Regards,

klxdrt

• Level 5*

Is this Windows? Mac?

On Windows, I don't think that this is possible. The exports (Evernote format, HTML) don't preserve notebook information. If you want that, you'd need to export individual notebooks to separate HTML files. Note, that stack information (presumably what you're referring to when you say "Hierarchically organized") is not exported either.

jefito,

Thanks for your quick response.  I expected that was the case, just wanted to run it by the experts. 

I'm trying to use tht as a BU method as EN has recently became catiwampus at times & prone to loosing info.

Do you know of any way way (other than exporting ea notebook) I can back up my NOTEBOOKS with their NOTES to my HD in any order as I have up to 50 notebook (categories of business) at any one time.

PS this board has been very for as I'm not a techie, but a seasoned business professional with decades of WIN/PC experience.

Warm Regards

klxdrt.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, klxdrt said:

I want to export as a  SINGLE HTML FILE with my NOTEBOOKS in alpha order (Hierarchically organized) with their respective NOTES included. 

Please, how can I accomplish this?

PS: If this is not clear, let me know & I'll create an Illustration & post it.

Evernote has an html format export option, but its not a single file.
Each note gets exported as a separate file

Are you sure you want a single file?
Also, I'm not sure an html file can hold "NOTEBOOKS in alpha order (Hierarchically organized) with their respective NOTES included"
Its not really that kind of structure

Yes - please create an illustration and more details on what/why you want

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

I'm trying to use tht as a BU method as EN has recently became catiwampus at times & prone to loosing info.

Do you know of any way way (other than exporting ea notebook) I can back up my NOTEBOOKS with their NOTES to my HD in any order as I have up to 50 notebook (categories of business) at any one time.

PS this board has been very for as I'm not a techie, but a seasoned business professional with decades of WIN/PC experience.

Backing up your data is a good idea, regardless of catiwampus
I run my backup process on my Mac, documented here

You also need to consider how you are going to recover data loss using your backup files
People implement backup procedures without considering this

I backup my notes in html format to a cloud drive
I do daily incremental backups of changed notes.
The notes have the title as the filename and can be located easily

I also do a weekly mass export in ENEX (xml) format.
As @jefito mentioned, notebook data is not maintained, so a separate export is required for each notebook

If you're not into scripting, there are apps available
Check out Backupery for Windows

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has an html format export option, but its not a single file.
Each note gets exported as a separate file

Not quite true on Windows. You can:

• export a collection of notes as a single HTML file (with attachments saved separately in a subordinate folder)
  • export as multiple HTML files, one per note
  • export and a web archive (MHT file), a single file containing all notes plus attachments
  • Level 5*
19 minutes ago, jefito said:

Not quite true on Windows. You can:

• export a collection of notes as a single HTML file (with attachments saved separately in a subordinate folder)

Thanks for the info

Is this single file useable?
I guess I could have 100's of notes in a file
- With an index (alpha order) at the beginning
  I could also do a hierarchy in the index, identifying the notebooks

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

There's no easy way to do this using the Evernote program. You can cobble together something that uses ENScript.exe (a command-line application, part of the Evernote Windows installation) and PowerShell to export to ENML on a notebook-by-notebook basis. I posted my version here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53536-how-to-backing-up-evernote-using-powershell/ (looks like the actual PowerShell script got a bit munged when the forum was ported to a new service; I'll fix that.

Aside from that, some people are having good luck using the 3rd party application Backupery: https://www.backupery.com/products/backupery-for-evernote/

Im a busn guy, not a scripter, and dont want to be. I cant even find a way to export to one large html file of all notes.  did it several yr ago, but cant do it now.  it was simple, a little messy, but it worked.

warm regards,

klxddrt

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

Im a busn guy, not a scripter, and dont want to be. I cant even find a way to export to one large html file of all notes.  did it several yr ago, but cant do it now.  it was simple, a little messy, but it worked.

ok  As a busn guy, what will you be doing with that "one large html file of all notes"

Personally, I would not find useful.  Are there additional details?

- SINGLE HTML FILE

- with my NOTEBOOKS in alpha order

(Hierarchically organized)    *** Not sure what this means

- with their respective NOTES included

hi, :)

I was able to come up with a solution, may take me some time.  I can/did download Notebook with all\notes as suggested. Ounce I set hings up it should take about 1 hr for all notebooks.  Then I can use Front Page to make a menu. I will then save only the very important Notebooks, copy-overwrite the orig note book reducing time very quickly.

warm regards

klxdrt

Archived