Self-expiring public links?

• Level 5*

It would be nice if when creating a link in a note if you could set it to expire in, say, two weeks. I often will share a note with someone and it is meant to be temporary. My current workflow is to set a reminder out a few weeks, then when it goes off, go into the note and disable sharing. Same for note links I post to this forum with pics. I just don't like those kind of links lasting forever.

Obviously some links should last forever, so this is just a request to, when creating a link, to make it a temporary share.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, EdH said:

It would be nice if when creating a link in a note if you could set it to expire in, say, two weeks. I often will share a note with someone and it is meant to be temporary. My current workflow is to set a reminder out a few weeks, then when it goes off, go into the note and disable sharing. Same for note links I post to this forum with pics. I just don't like those kind of links lasting forever.

Obviously some links should last forever, so this is just a request to, when creating a link, to make it a temporary share.

Failing getting self-expiring share links, you could use searches to identify shared links,

for example      Tag:TemporaryLink  sharedate:*  -sharedate:day-10

After that, it would be a manual effort to remove the links

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Failing getting self-expiring share links, you could use searches to identify shared links,

for example      Tag:TemporaryLink  sharedate:*  -sharedate:day-10

After that, it would be a manual effort to remove the links

Yeah, that is another workaround. At least with reminders I don't have to remember to do it but it would be nice if it just did it itself.

Right now, no matter what, it is a manual effort.

Archived